Early Beginning - 1937-1945 The La Consolacion University Philippines, formerly University of Regina Carmeli, and Colegio de Nuestra Señora del Carmen, is a coeducational Catholic school established and administered by the Augustinian Sisters of Our Lady of Consolation (ASOLC). The school was established in 1937 when Doña Estefania del Rosario Vda. de Jacinto, a sister of Mother Catalina de Jesus, OSA, donated a property for the education of the children of poor families in Barasoain. At that time, it was then the only educational institution in the locality. In May 1937, five Augustinian Sisters with Sor Encarnacion delos Remedios as the Superior took charge of the school when it was formally opened. In June 1937, the school was blessed and dedicated to Our Lady of Mt.Carmel, Patroness of the Parish of Barasoain, Malolos. Early Childhood Education and Elementary courses were initially offered. In 1940, three special vocational courses were opened: typing, stenography and dressmaking. The outbreak of World War II forced the closure of the school. However, upon the insistence of the Japanese occupation forces, the school re-opened and the secondary course was offered. The operation of the school was temporarily put on hold with the arrival of the American liberation forces in 1945. However, the school reopened later that year. This time, new college courses were added to the school’s curriculum.
In 1950, a two-year course for elementary education was offered. The teaching staff was composed of the intellectuals of the community. A conflagration reduced all that was once Colegio de Nuestra Señora del Carmen to ashes in October 1952. The sisters temporarily took shelter in the residence of Mrs. Julieta Santiago. Later, the students occupied the big, old house of Doña Elisa Santiago and the improvised classrooms in the parish convent. In 1954, a new and better building was constructed. This time, the sisters concentrated their efforts in strengthening and expanding the Elementary and High School Departments. This they did by giving up the College Department and special vocational courses retaining only stenography and typing. Enrollment continued to increase in the succeeding years. The quality of instruction dramatically improved owing to the constant entry of qualified teaching force. Campus discipline was also strictly enforced; facilities were expanded; and new buildings were constructed. In 1965, the need was felt to reopen the College Department. More tertiary level courses were included in the curriculum. Meanwhile, the school management acquired an additional lot meant for the expansion of the College Campus. In 1967, the school’s name was changed from Colegio de Nuestra Señora del Carmen to Regina Carmeli College. In August 1979, RCC adopted the Catholic School System Development (CS-SSD) program. The Program aimed to promote strongly the formation of personnel, systematize operations and upgrade standards in preparation for the long-range plan of the school for voluntary accreditation. On August 27, 1984, a solemn ceremony took place to celebrate the laying of the cornerstone of the extension building of Regina Carmeli College on a five-hectare lot at Catmon, Malolos, Bulacan. The move manifested the desire of the institution to play a more decisive role in the education of the Bulakeños. By June of 1985, the Catmon Campus was ready for occupancy. The new campus was blessed and dedicated in a solemn liturgical ceremony on July 4, 1985.
Read more here full history